Blog the Magic Gathering

A poor man's blog for Magic the Gathering (MtG), Wizards of the Coast (WoTC), deck construction, cards, combos, game play, MtG podcasts, etc.

What is "Magic: the Gathering"? Magic is a collectible fantasy-themed playing card game kinda combining Uno, War, Chess, and art dealing: match colors, draw 4, high card beat low card, different cards attack in different ways while you ogle hot chicks and dragons drawn by your favorite artists on cards you can sometimes sell for big money.
It's Pokimon for grown ups. Srsly, get your Pokimon player a Magic deck and they'll instantly sprout pubes and consider a career as a mathmatician.

Add Blog the Magic Gathering

Highlights of Blog the Magic Gathering:
MTG Podcasts (I should update this)
Music: the Gathering (MTG Compilation)
M:TMNT (Magic: The Mutant Ninja Turtles)


Monday, August 11, 2008:

 

Amoeboid Changeling, Vedalken Aethermage


*Tap* Your creature is a Changeling.

*Flash* Reminder: Your Changeling is a Sliver.

The last deck I built was a mono-blue Wizard/Changeling deck; Aethermage could fetch nearly any nonland card in my deck and I could play it for one blue mana (Stoneybrook Bannerett), but I could only find 2 Vedalken Aethermages at the flea market and I haven't gotten into the habit of using proxies, so I just canibalized the deck to start making my next one.

I'm surprised I haven't heard more about Changeling combos, especially with Slivers, but maybe I missed it because I just got back into MtG, and because the Time Spiral Slivers are rotating out of Standard in October.

Labels: , ,


Thomas Painter   
*
* Email this page:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   October 2009   November 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010  


Supporting Magic media, and friends:
Wizards of the Coast
MTGCast - The Best MTG Podcasts
Building on a Budget
Pauper Deck Challenge (all commons, all cheap)
CardShark.com
GoneToPlaid.com
MTGOTraders.com
CapeFearGames.com
CoolStuffInc.com
cardhoarder.com
power9pro.com


This page is powered by Blogger.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]