Blog the Magic Gathering

A poor man's blog for Magic the Gathering (MtG), Wizards of the Coast (WoTC), deck construction, cards, combos, game play, MtG podcasts, etc.

What is "Magic: the Gathering"? Magic is a collectible fantasy-themed playing card game kinda combining Uno, War, Chess, and art dealing: match colors, draw 4, high card beat low card, different cards attack in different ways while you ogle hot chicks and dragons drawn by your favorite artists on cards you can sometimes sell for big money.
It's Pokimon for grown ups. Srsly, get your Pokimon player a Magic deck and they'll instantly sprout pubes and consider a career as a mathmatician.

Add Blog the Magic Gathering

Highlights of Blog the Magic Gathering:
MTG Podcasts (I should update this)
Music: the Gathering (MTG Compilation)
M:TMNT (Magic: The Mutant Ninja Turtles)


Wednesday, March 11, 2009:

 

Support The Magic Sock & Freedom of Speech!


Ron Vitale of the Magic Sock recommended people sell their Magic on eBay instead of selling to venders, because venders usually buy for too little and sell for too much. So Star City Games blackballed Ron's podcast.

I very much agree with Ron. People in the business of trading cards are business people, which means they try to make a profit, which means they try to make sure somebody somewhere is not getting their money's worth. Who will not get their money's worth? YOU. Beckett says a card is worth X, but *I* have NEVER gotten X from a business person, not for Magic cards, not for baseball cards, not for comic books, NOTHING (probably because I've never been on ebay). I once went to my local shop for "FNM" (though I don't think was sanctioned, at least I hope it wasn't) and I thought I could sell my $20 Graven Cairns and be able to enter a $15 draft, I think I got five for it, I got $3 for my Figure of Destiny, and the guy had the nerve to say he was paying top dollar. I knew he was ripping me off and I tried to look at the bright side. I'd get to play in the draft and my rares were going to someone who might be able to afford to play them in a PTQ, but it made me really sad to see that guy was totally ok with being evil and even bragged about the deal he got. Guess what, he was the judge of the draft. ...and he played in it. He ended the draft early and the top 2 players split the prizes, he was one of them. The merchant who ran the store we played in didn't seem much better than the judge, selling booster boxes for $100 when they were eighty online. Obviously, I haven't been back to my local shop since.

Star City Games retaliating against Ron Vitale for telling people how to get their money's worth only shows us what profiteering jerks they are at Star City Games. I'm glad I can't afford to buy from them. I'd rather go to that nice white-haired lady at the flea market who even gives me a ride home at the end of the day. :)

Labels: , ,


Thomas Painter   
*
* Email this page:

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   October 2009   November 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010  


Supporting Magic media, and friends:
Wizards of the Coast
MTGCast - The Best MTG Podcasts
Building on a Budget
Pauper Deck Challenge (all commons, all cheap)
CardShark.com
GoneToPlaid.com
MTGOTraders.com
CapeFearGames.com
CoolStuffInc.com
cardhoarder.com
power9pro.com


This page is powered by Blogger.

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]